Monday 20 February 2012

The Bike Lesson // by Stan & Jan Berenstain


Remember this book? I loved the Berenstain Bears books as a kid. I say "as a kid" as i flick through the battered pages aged 29. What was I like? Nowadays I pride myself for being a model book borrower. I don't read in the bath or turn down pages. Back then I must have used them as ramps or thrown them around because all my old books are in a right state. FYI I picked the least ripped, scrumpled pages to scan.
I loved this story, I really wanted the bear to push his dad of his bike and shout at him so he would let him ride his bike. I don't want to give away the ending but it all works out for our hero. 
Looking back I think it may be the reason why I loved riding my heap of junk old red bike so much.
This 1964 classic has been rebranded and you can buy it HERE .



No comments:

Post a Comment