Wednesday 2 January 2013

Boris Bikes Price Hikes

A Barclays Bike matching our Notting Hill Carnival 2012 colour scheme.
 I can count on one hand the number of my friends who have a annual Barclays Cycle Hire membership. Actually make that one finger. I doubt that number will change much because as of today the yearly membership has increase by 100% to £90. Still a whole world cheaper than an annual travel card or a new bike but such an increase in one fell swoop seems a bit harsh to me.
"Over 18 million journeys have been made using the cycle hire scheme since its introduction in July 2012 and usage has risen by over 35 per cent in the last 12 months, with casual usage more than doubling during the same period. The access fee increases are the first since the scheme was introduced and will be used to make improvements to the future operations of the scheme." - Transport for London. 
Buses will cost £1.40 with an Oyster card and £2.40 without. I remember when they were 30p. I may have been 12 and smoking might have been permitted on the top deck but still. There has never been a better time to be a smug cyclist.



No comments:

Post a Comment