Thursday 14 March 2013

Bike Art// Paper Cuts

I don't get many cycling injuries *touches head*, but when I do they are stupid.
This is a paper cut I got from opening the packaging on my bike lights. Totally a cycling injury.

Ok, so that's an example of a BAD bike paper cut. Here is an example of a good one by Katy Beveridge.

       

I'm a big fan of paper cuts, I love Rob Ryan's work and I hang Mexican bunting EVERYWHERE. It's so pretty, delicate and makes the most incredible shadows.
My friend even made me a pop up tandem paper cut card.

This paper cut of a couple kissing on a bike by Joe Bagley is one of my favourites.

Here is a video of Joe cutting it. It's hypnotising.
                                        
I'm going to give it a go. Worst case scenario, at least I get to make use of my cartoon plaster collection which I refuse to believe i'm too old for. Jude Brosnan

No comments:

Post a Comment