Saturday 6 August 2016

Euro Tour: Heidleberg to Stuttgart// Going into a tour-trance & being thankful for Pierce Brosnan


I thought that after yesterday’s short ride I could bang out a longer one today so I headed straight for Stuttgart.



This day was long and at the end of it I thought maybe i’m doing this wrong. I remember lots of woods, corn fields, some witness protection looking neighbourhoods but not what order they came in or specific details. Going from deserted areas surrounded by nature to massive industrial estates and everything in between is a complete sensory overload and I think i’m going into a mediative state where I’m not taking anything in and remembering all the amazing things I’m seeing. 

Just before Stuttgart there were some awesome hills that woke me out of of my tour-trance. 

To get through the city you have to go through Stuttgart’s beautiful Rosensteinpark that has lovely views and because it was such a warm evening, lots of people were out.



Crossing the calm stillness of the River Neckar I realised it was Saturday night. I should probably go and find a techno rave.

I’ve been staying at Jugendherberge hostels and getting them to book ahead at the next place for me. All I can make out is Pierce Brosnan. If you are reading this Pierce, thanks for being famous because it means I don’t ever have to spell my surname out. I like these hostels because wifi access is limited to 30 mins which is actually more than enough. 

After doing the whole Pierce Brosnan thing, the guy on reception had a massive go at me because he thought Heidelberg was too far to have cycled from and said people usually just cycle from which is only about 60km. That does sound more sensible.  


I have some pretty special sunburn. Jude Brosnan, not learning since 1982.


Thighs Matters Euro Tour stages:
Ulm to Ingolstadt// Bonking and trying on dresses 
Ingolstadt to Regensburg// Bike drying my hair and putting bikes on boats
10 Regensburg to Wörth an der Donau: Pimping my ride and hunting down chocolate
11 Wörth an der Donau to Passau// My last day in Germany and probably the sunburniest 
12 The Austrian bit. Not the Australian bit as autocorrect likes to think
13 Vienna to Bratislava// Five things to do that are not 'go on a stag do'
14 Bratislava to Gyor // Not checking my feast days
15 Gyor to Esztergom// Being scared of dogs and referring to my bike and I as 'we'

No comments:

Post a Comment